Monday 15 February 2010

Frugal Sewing

Living in Pyjamas or "comfy" trousers as the boys refer to them is a favourite in our house. 
One of the most difficult things in the mornings can be trying to prise them out of them, and I often end up doing the school run with the 2 year old still wearing his! So when last week at the jumble I found 2 pairs of older boys pyjama bottoms, 20 pence each I just knew I had to buy them. Aged at 10 - 11 they were too big all round for either of the boys, so yesterday I set about cutting them up and re-sewing them.
 

And I'm pleased with the result, but as ever more importantly so are they!


Trousers are judged by the boys to be "comfy" if they make for good jumping trousers!

 

 And thankfully these passed the test with flying colours!


So as it is the half term holiday and we have no plans for the next couple of days, we have the most perfect excuse to stay dressed in our pj bottoms.




Maybe I should put a "Do not disturb sign on the front door"!

3 comments:

  1. oh i'm so glad we are on half term holidays, so i can just about get away with saying in my pj's till lunch time too! hope you all have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a happy half term break in your pyjamas! They look good enough to double up as summer trousers! Great to see the boys looking so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to this - though we did manage to 'all' get dressed by 11.30 this morning, so no all that bad!

    PJ's are definitely for holidaying.

    Nina xx

    ReplyDelete