Friday 3 September 2010

Finally ......

I'm not sure how it happened but some how today I found the time to upload some of my items onto my new Folksy shop. So here it is, Sewn Vintage  is born and up and running!!


I've started with my vintage baby bibs, backed with cotton terry towelling.


And vintage fabric burp cloths, backed also with terry towelling that coordinate with the bibs,


I had a little hiccup when it came to uploading the photos, as I haven't realised that Folksy square the photos off, so I had to take a lot of them again taking that into consideration. 
I struggle to find any area to photograph items where the light is good and the background is neutral. My sewing table once uncovered offers me a white background but the light isn't great. I'm sure as I go along I'll learn new tricks and to be honest I was starting to think that I wasn't going to get the shop up and running so I'm just pleased to have got my first 6 items onto Folksy!


 I have more waiting to go on, probably Monday. And lots of ideas floating around to what I want to do next. What I can say is that I'm starting to work my way through my vintage fabric stash which gives me the most perfect excuse to go shopping!

7 comments:

  1. Oh they are so adorable! Sadly I'm passed the baby phase, good luck with the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with your venture! The bibs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!! I really do not know how you find the time! I wish I had a baby to buy some bibs for!! XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so cute--I ought to make some baby bibs, it looks like too much fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. Your things are fantastic. Good luck with it all. I'll look forward to seeing what comes next! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! Good luck with the fabulous new shop!
    Ali
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These big retro florals are so fun, what a great idea to use them for baby bibs! :)

    ReplyDelete