Tuesday 21 June 2011

At Home With The Blues

I love the colour blue, especially when found on this Cathrineholm coffee pot that Mr D spotted at a vintage fair on Saturday for the ghastly sum of £6! 
 
 
I'm hoping this means that our thrifting drought has ended! 
It's now taking pride of place in our kitchen. And taking centre stage in our garden is my new blue hydrangea. The photo does not do the vibrancy of the colour justice. It is such a gorgeous blue and a welcome splash of colour in the garden especially under the grey skies we have been having lately.


And on my work table this small fat quarter makes my heart jump, every time I catch a glimpse of it. It is such an attractive blue and being voile it is so silky to the touch.


My regret is that I only managed to buy such a small amount off Kate from misformake. It is such a powerful blue and I am having to stop myself from getting too distracted by it's charm. 

1 comment:

  1. lucky you, that coffee pot it beautiful & i've been ogling that fabric for ages, think she's sold out know!
    Kellyx
    {we've got pink hydrangeas round here - would rather they were blue but can't be faffed with sorting out the soil}

    ReplyDelete